Thursday, September 30, 2010

A Month of Halloween




Starting October 1st I will be featuring a month of Halloween themed book reviews. I have been fascinated by ghost stories, both alledgedly real and fictional, and enjoyed horror films, and all sorts of unsolved mysteries ever since I was a little girl. My late mother loved horror movies before she became ill and lost interest in everything, so I grew up on them, some of the earliest movies I remember seeing were Stephen King's Carrie (my mother's favorite book), Jaws (possibly one of the reasons I love to watch sharks to this day; going in the water isn't a problem for me since I can't swim), and Picnic of Hanging Rock (possibly the start of my fascination with mysterious disappearances). And now my furbaby Tabby enjoys them too. Every time we watch Creature From The Black Lagoon or any of the old Universal Mummy movies she growls whenever the monster comes on screen. And we always read ghost stories together when it thunders. Tabby is terrified of thunder, so she curls up on or next to me and I read to her. So I hope you will enjoy our selection of Halloween treats all this month.

1 comment:

CelticLady said...

Creature of the Black Lagoon...wow that brings back some memories!!! My first memory was Night of the Living Dead, still has to be the scariest scary movie I have seen to date...