Saturday, July 30, 2011

Rennes Le Chateau The Road To Sion by D. A. Chadwick



This book has been sitting on my bedside table beckoning to me for months while I struggled to meet the deadline on my next novel. Reading it has been a pleasure long delayed. If you are, like me, fascinated by the story of Rennes-le-Chateau and the secret that made a poor village priest wealthy beyond his dreams in 1887 and still remains shrouded in mystery and hotly debated to this day and enabled him to embark upon a series of bizarre, cryptic, symbolism-laden renovations and building projects at his church, including the figure of a devil supporting a font of holy water, this novel brings something new to the bookshelf. It deftly weaves in a new theory involving some tantalizing mysteries, contradictions, and discrepancies in the life and legend of France's beloved national heroine and saint Joan of Arc. Secret societies like the Priory of Sion, the Knights Templar, the Illuminati, and the Freemasons, conspiracy theories, royal bloodlines leading back to Jesus and Mary Magdalene, ancient aliens, cloning, and alien technology also fill the pages of this fast-paced, fact-packed, history and science laden thriller set in modern-day France.
The history and the mysteries are the jewels in the crown of a plot concerning the woman who would be queen, Sarah Rolande Cabot, as France stands poised to restore the monarchy it overthrew in the blood-drenched days of the French Revolution. And who the rightful claimant of that crown should be is a hotly debated topic snared in a tangled web of history and genealogy that science, with the help of DNA technology, seeks to unravel.
Despite its length, nearly 500 pages, this was a book I hated to put down, it kept calling to me even when I forced myself to lay it aside and do my own work. And Tabby enjoyed it too.
Like many self-published books, it would have benefited by a gloss of editorial polish as well as more careful proofreading as I found several misplaced and missing words and misspellings that posed momentary stumbling blocks throughout the story, but I urge readers not to let a few rocks in the road keep them from embarking on Rennes Le Chateau The Road To Sion.
!!CORRECTION!! I have just learned that I was given an earlier edition of this book, it has since been reformatted and gone through another round of editing, so most likely many of the errors I noticed have already been corrected.
Note: This book was previously published as Rennes Le Chateau The Point of Origin.
Special thanks to author D. A. Chadwick for sending me a copy and waiting patiently and graciously for this review to finally appear.
For more information please visit http://www.dachadwick.com/ There is also a fascinating article about Joan of Arc on her blog at http://dachadwick.wordpress.com/2009/05/30/was-joan-of-arc-a-peasant-girl-the-evidence-says-no/









1 comment:

Amália said...

www.acordainfinita.blogspot.com