Tuesday, March 12, 2013

The Woes of A Dieting Cat


Poor Tabby! At her last checkup the vet said she has to lose three pounds gradually over the course of the next year or else she is at risk of diabetes and other serious health problems. He prescribed a special dry food for her with strict portion control and said no more of her favorite gravy lovers chicken or beef canned cat food and, even worse for Tabby, no more treats.




Tabby: "I dream of Oreos; those little square cheese crackers falling like manna from heaven onto the floor; bbq potato chips so tangy and crisp; Reese's peanut butter cups mini or large; soft chocolate chip or peanut butter cookies still warm from the oven; cups of hot cocoa or Jello pudding set down within reach of my eager pink tongue; kitty cat kibble in fun colors and shapes, not these new bland, boring brown pellets (I'm a cat not a rabbit!); Friskies Party Mix Wild West Crunch and Cheezy Craze cat treats; chocolate eggs filled with scrumptious goo made by Cadbury for Easter; brownies and cake frosted with fudge or vanilla buttercream icing; and the best kisses of all--those made by Hershey!"




Poor Tabby! I love my big, beautiful fur-baby and it hurts me to deny her. 



3 comments:

Kathleen Kelly said...

Oh poor Tabby...lol. I can not believe how she just poses in all the pics and you can get her to stay there.. as far as food, my cat will only eat one kind of dry food, she even turns her nose up at tuna...

Carol N Wong said...

Ah Tabby! I can truly know how it is I am pre-diabetic and yet dream of pies, cakes and cookies!

We used to have two heavy cats. They both loved Meow Mix the best and were wild about canned tuna. It will be a quite a struggle for Tabby, but it can be done!

Brandy Purdy said...

Poor Tabby has the misfortune of belonging to someone whose philosophy is "If I'm going to eat it, it has to taste good." And I'm big on comfort foods and have a sweet tooth. I'm short and show every pound and curve, but I just can't live my life on rice cakes and lettuce leaves.