Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Announcement Regarding Book Reviews and Future Posts on This Blog

My Dear Readers,

I regret to announce that due to circumstances in my life I will not be able to post book reviews for the foreseeable future. I don't know if or when I will be able to resume. I've really enjoyed sharing my love of reading with you, and perhaps introducing you to some books you might not have found otherwise, but I don't want to disappoint anyone by missing a deadline or causing any delays of future publications. Being creative, dependable, and giving you new books to read, and hopefully enjoy, means so much to me, and in order to keep on doing that I need to let some things go, and the book reviews seem a logical choice.

This blog isn't going anywhere. All my past reviews will remain for anyone who would like to read them, and Tabby's pictures too; she's just turned seven and is still the love of my life. I will still be posting news about my work whenever I have it and there will be some giveaways coming up soon so please don't forget to stop by. 

October is going to be a busy month for me with the UK release of The Boleyn Bride, and The Ripper's Wife coming out in the USA just in time for Halloween. My virtual book tour for The Ripper's Wife begins October 27th; I'll be posting the schedule and I hope you will follow along. I'll also be posting reviews from other sources, so if you review the book and your blog is not part of the tour please feel free to send me a link. If you enjoy the book and are interested in hosting a giveaway or an interview about it let me know and I'll do my best. For those interested in foreign language editions, a Russian translation of The Queen's Pleasure should be out sometime in December, I'll share cover art and details when I have them. And I'm hard at work on a new novel, which I will tell you more about later. 

Since postings will be irregular, I urge you to use the Subscribe by Email feature to keep up with my news. If you are not familiar with it, there is a box in the right column of this blog, all you have to do is enter your email address then respond to an email confirmation in order to activate the subscription; it only takes a couple of minutes. If your spam filter is sensitive, you may need to add the address to your contacts. I have used this feature myself to follow several blogs and never received any spam or other unwanted emails as a result and I find it a convenient and easy way to keep up. 

I will also continue to update my website www.brandypurdy.com as needed. And you are always welcome to write to me. I love hearing from you.

Thank you for understanding.

Best Wishes,

Brandy Emily Purdy


No comments: